Monday, August 6, 2012

Taking advantage of time off

So I have been teaching a lighter load this summer (kids in college, so I teach year round). I has freed me up to spend a bit more time in my craft room (girl cave).


Love my House Mouse stamps! I just got this one on eBay, and paper pieced it for a tablecloth, Watercolored the rest. The sentiment is Gina K, and seemed perfect here.

I had this flourish for a couple of years, part of an unmounted sheet that I had been given as a gift. I love the image, and am using it as a basis for jewelled bling. I cannot justify paying $6.00 per page for those, and I like how this looks.
The image is from the perfect patterns set from Gina K. I like how it reminded me of Frank Lloyd Wright's stained glass, so I colored it and used crystal lacquer. I like it a lot! Sentiment is from Springtime Silhouettes from Gina K. 
This was a CASE from a great card by Susan Sieracki. Hers was glitter card and a more folk art bird. I went with mirrored card and a Hummingbird stamp that I got from Michaels. I love how this turned out. Colored it with Bic Markit pens and applied crystal lacquer to give sheen to balance the mirrored card.

Two more weeks of summer school, then on to the fall term. I may not emerge from my girl cave very much before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment